(BLP), an award-winning international law firm
- Abu Dhabi
- Hong Kong
- Tel Aviv
- Goltsblat BLP
- About the firm
- Legal support for projects in Asia, Legal support in Russian regions, Where we work
Where we work
OUR GLOBAL SUPPORT
Goltsblat BLP is the Russian practice of Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP), the award-winning international law firm headquartered in London with offices in major commercial and financial centres throughout the world - Moscow, Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Paris, Singapore, Tel Aviv* and Yangon.
BLP’s international outlook has seen the firm expand rapidly into emerging markets and global financial centres, and made us the fastest growing law firm in the UK top 20 for the last two years. In particular, BLP has recently opened a new office in Myanmar.
Our clients receive the highest quality international support across the full spectrum of business law. With experience reaching across more than 70 legal disciplines and 130 countries worldwide, our clients can access legal expertise to support almost any business need, domestic and international business insight and value added thinking whenever they need.
Over the last 5 years we have worked with clients in 128 countries around the globe, in regions including Asia Pacific, China & Hong Kong, Europe, India, Latin America, Middle East & North Africa, North America, Russia & CIS, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Our international reach is extended through a network of over 100 market leading 'preferred firms' in local jurisdictions throughout the world.
WE OPERATE WHERE YOU OPERATE
Goltsblat BLP is the second largest international office after the London headquarters. Moscow-based, we take care of clients all over Russia, providing legal support to companies, operations and projects in almost every Russian region - most notably in the Moscow and St. Petersburg Regions, but also including Kaluga, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Nizhniy Novgorod, Novosibirsk, Tyumen, Bashkiria, Voronezh, Ryazan, Volgograd, Kostroma, and Kaliningrad. No matter where in Russia you are, we are never far away, meaning your support needs, including advice and representation are always available at short notice.
In the CIS countries, Goltsblat BLP supports clients through a well-established network of local law firms and quality sole practitioners. We have been coordinating multinational legal teams in CIS countries for some of our major multinational clients for more than a decade; most notably in Ukraine, Belarus, and Kazakhstan, but also in Uzbekistan, Moldova, and Georgia. We have a comprehensive working relationship with local legal firms and practitioners meaning our clients can access the most up to date and nuanced advice about the business and regulatory environment.
BLP’s global headquarters, acting on complex projects for over 30 FTSE 100 companies and more than 50 Fortune 500 companies, providing quality, full-service advice in the UK and worldwide.
Abu Dhabi and Dubai
Offices in Abu Dhabi and Dubai act as a hub for clients across the Middle East and North Africa. Our multi-disciplinary experts in all aspects of the built environment support clients on major projects and investments to, from and within the region.
Beijing and Hong Kong
Our team advises clients financing or investing in high-value real estate, infrastructure and other capital assets in the Greater China region.
Berlin and Frankfurt
Our experts in Berlin and Frankfurt advise investors, banks, developers and companies on all aspects of cross-border real estate related transactions.
We offer comprehensive experience on all aspects of competition, EU and trade law, acting on complex and often high-profile projects within the EU for clients around the world.
Our representative office in Paris has completed a large number of acquisitions, disposals and corporate commercial assignments, predominantly for non-French clients.
Businesses throughout South- East Asia and from sectors such as energy and natural resources, financial services, shipping and aviation, rely on our Singapore team for expert finance, corporate finance, international arbitration and private client advice.
Tel Aviv* (Representative Office)
Our Tel Aviv representative office works closely with the local Israeli law firms and advises on complex cross-border transactions, where interaction between English, Russian and Israeli law is key. Delivering high-quality work on our clients’ prestigious and complex mandates has seen BLP/Goltsblat BLP earn a reputation as a ‘go-to’ international law firm for Israeli companies, financial institutions, ultra high-net worth individuals and their advisers.
* Neither Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP, Goltsblat BLP nor any of the lawyers in our Israel Business Group is authorised to practice Israeli law. For further information, please see our website legal notices.
To support our clients in emerging markets, BLP has opened a new office in Myanmar with a team of dedicated lawyers and consultants. The expertise we can bring to bear for Myanmar projects includes: corporate, finance, transactional support on infrastructure and other projects in the power, energy and natural resources sector, international arbitration, regulatory, business establishment.
BLP AROUND THE WORLD
BLP has strong personal ties to a non-exclusive panel of leading firms from around the world. These ‘preferred firms’ are market leaders in their jurisdictions and have been selected because of their demonstrated legal qualities, local expertise and commitment to client service.
The combination of non-exclusive preferred firms and select local offices means we can provide you with quality legal advice, the full spectrum of support, and provide flexibility of choice vital for the conduct of international transactions.
BLP’S INTERNATIONAL REACH IN FACTS AND FIGURES
- 14 major international offices: Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Moscow, Paris, Singapore, Tel Aviv, Yangon
- experience covering more than 70 legal disciplines and 130 countries worldwide
- 40 languages are spoken at BLP
- extended support comes through a network of over 100 market leading law firms that we work with throughout the world
- access to more than three times as many tier-1 ranked legal practices in Asia and Europe than any ‘global’ law firm via our preferred firm network
- complex cross-border matters are managed on a one-stop-shop basis
- over the last five years we have worked with our clients in 128 countries around the world
- over 650 cross-border client projects have been delivered in the last 18 months, with 68 requiring us to project manage between 5 and 48 firms
- over 40 overseas firms we work with have been law firm of the year, or equivalent, in their home markets
- 30% growth in BLP’s international business last year
- The Most Innovative Client Service Award – Managing Partner Forum (MPF) Awards for Management Excellence 2015
- Ranked 3rd in top 10 ‘game changers’ of the past 10 years – Financial Times Innovative 2015
For more details about our international capabilities and experience, please visit BLP website.
Managing Partner of Goltsblat BLP, Senior Partner, Corporate, M&A, Investment Projects, Head of Dispute Resolution Practice