- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP
- News & Press
- In the Press
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) ranked once again by GCR 100 as an Elite law firm in competition law
News & Press
24 January 2019 Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) ranked once again by GCR 100 as an Elite law firm in competition law
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP, formerly Goltsblat BLP in Russia, once again joins the Elite group of law firms in competition law as ranked by Global Competition Review 100 2019 (GCR 100). The firm’s Antitrust & Competition Head and Partner Nikolay Voznesenskiy and Partner Vitaly Dianov are mentioned among the leading experts in their field.
The firm’s strong performance in the rankings is driven by the high-profile mandates handled by the team in 2018. GCR 100 specifically highlights the following cases:
- “The firm counselled Vimpelcom regarding allegedly unfair pricing claims, convincing the courts that the telecommunications company does not hold a dominant position and thus the FAS’s claims were unjustified”.
- "The firm also secured a victory for new client Sberbank of Russia at the appellate court level in a dispute with the FAS, which had taken issue with the bank’s purchase of more than a million point-of-service terminals and cancelled the tender. The Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP team restructured the client’s strategy, collected new evidence and convinced the appellate judges that the FAS’s decision was unlawful”.
- “The firm also continued its representation of Federal Freight Company in an antitrust case launched by the FAS at the end of 2016. The enforcer has accused the company of abusing its dominant position and setting excessive prices for railway freight services. After a 10-month investigation, the FAS found the company guilty and issued a binding order, but Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP has challenged that decision and order in the courts, claiming that the authority did not prove the company’s dominance and monopoly high prices”.
Nikolay Voznesenskiy and Vitaly Dianov are among the few GCR 100 lawyers also ranked by Who’s Who Legal – Competition and Who’s Who Legal – Competition: Future Leaders 2018.
Our Competition & Antitrust team is one of the biggest in Russia, boasting over 12 years’ antitrust experience. Furthermore, we are one of the few law firms in the country that have a dedicated competition practice focusing on antitrust audit and litigations with the competition authorities.
According to a broad range of renowned international and Russian legal rankings and directories, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP is a recognised leader in antitrust law:
- Tier 1 by Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 and Pravo.ru over a number of years;
- Firm of the Year in Competition/Antitrust - Best Lawyers Awards 2018;
- In 2017, Nikolay Voznesenskiy and Vitaly Dianov were granted national awards approved by Presidential Decree: Medals of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland, second class, for excellence in contributing to effective antitrust legislation enforcement and for their active role in competition law-making;
- Nikolay Voznesenskiy and Vitaly Dianov are recognised among the best in Russian antitrust law by Chambers Europe 2018, The Legal 500 2018, Best Lawyers 2019 Edition and Who’s Who Legal – Competition 2018.