- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP
- News & Press
- In the Press
- Goltsblat BLP named Law Firm of the Year in Competition / Antitrust Law
News & Press
28 June 2017 Goltsblat BLP named Law Firm of the Year in Competition / Antitrust Law
Goltsblat BLP, the Russian practice of the international law firm Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) has been named Law Firm of the Year in Competition/Antitrust Law according to Best Lawyers, a prestigious international ranking.
Goltsblat BLP’s Competition & Antitrust Practice boasts one of the biggest and sought-after teams in Russia today and enjoys an excellent market reputation. Over the last five years, it has consistently been top-ranked by Global Competition Review, Legal 500 and Chambers. Our Competition & Antitrust Practice hands-on experience stands apart on the Russian legal market in its greater diversification: we are equally at home in antitrust audit and in litigation with competition regulators.
Over the last year, the Practice has handled many of the firm's landmark projects. To name just a few:
- We represented Freight One and Independent Transport Company in an FAS antitrust case accusing the Kemerovo Region Administration, Russian Railways and certain railway operators of entering into agreements prohibited by Competition Law articles 11 and 16;
- We acted for Zeppelin, a leading worldwide dealer in Caterpillar machinery, during a dawn raid conducted by the FAS Cartel Department in a joint investigation with the EEC’s Antitrust Department;
- We represented Re:Store in a high-profile case brought by the FAS of Russia against Apple over alleged maintenance of distributor prices.
Nikolay Voznesenskiy, Partner, Head of Goltsblat BLP Competition & Antitrust: “We are delighted to have received this distinguished award and would like to thank our clients, peers and the researchers for the recognition and trust they have placed in us. This year, our Practice has continued growing, with major and high-profile new cases, and has been further strengthened with appointment of Vitaly Dianov as Partner.”
This year, we boast an impressive 31 lawyers and 52 mentions in the ranking. The Goltsblat BLP team come recommended in 21 areas of law and are recognised among the country’s best.
Best Lawyers is among the most respected expert publications in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honour conferred on a lawyer by their peers. In 2015, Best Lawyers added law firm rankings by area of law to those of individual lawyers. A Law Firm of the Year designation reflects excellent client reviews, project scope and sophistication, geography and global reach, and the number of lawyers named in the ranking.